Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 221

Went to a wedding today, and it was really fun. The reception was one of the better ones I've been too. They had great food, great treats, a candy buffet, and something called Open Photo Booth. Basically, a guy had simple white paper backdrop, and the groom supplied props, and people posed how they wanted, as much time as they wanted. The photos were uploaded immediately onto facebook, on to Open Photo Booth's facebook page. Right after you got the photo taken, the photographer had a really nice printer printing off 4x6's to give to the guests. It took a while for people to start getting creative, but man did people start to get creative...and yes, at times inappropriate! Ha. Good times. It is a great idea, and a real money maker, I'm sure. Something perfect for a photographer who likes to interact with many people, and just have a fun time. the printer is 1700 dollars, though, so it's not a cheap start up! I feel like I'm just rambling.

Some else cool happened today as well. I got to see an old friend who I haven't seen in over 10 years. It was really neat to see him again (and see his wife and kids as well!). I hope it happens more often. Super nice people, and when I was sitting there chatting, I realized why I was friends with him back in the day. Good people...that's why. If you're reading this, D, thanks for the text today. I'm glad I saw you guys.

That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by again. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to read what I have to say.

Speaking of taking the time from your day...if you feel like it, could you let me know what keeps you coming back here? What sorts of things to you hope I talk/write about? What sort of things do you wish I would write/talk about less? I remember the suggestions that a couple of you made a while back, and I still think about them. Don't worry, I'll get on the eventually. But if there's something that keeps you coming back, I'd like to know, so I can do more of that. Thanks for your input!

Take care, all. Love you guys.

3 comments:

Jay said...

Hmm, what do I want to hear you write about? How about detailed photography aspirations? Subject preferences? Business one day? Studio or location photographer? Gear aspirations, leanings or questions?

What about school? Your classes and expectations of what you'll learn in them? Excited or dreading them?

That's what I'd like to learn about from your writings for now.

Dustin said...

Hey Jason,

It was great to see you this weekend as well. I will not be waiting 10 years to do this again. I was great to meet your wife. Will talk again soon.

D

Tina Sauers said...

hmm...i love reality tv, and blogging lets me snoop in other people's lives. not crazy about the photography stuff but i ignore M when he talks about it and can ignore you too, haha! love when you are real and talk about how you are feeling be it happy or sad. so glad you are not afraid to talk about that and be real!