Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Day 202

Hey everyone. It's August already!

My wife and I were talking about august this evening. My wife talked about how August is the month when she feels the most expectation. I agreed. August brings the expectation of new things more than any other month for us. It brings the expectation of autumn. It brings the expectation of new programs, classes, etc. It brings the expectation of something, anything. It brings the expectation of winter. You know what I mean...when those nights start to get a chill...that sweet sweet chill. One of my favorite things of the summer. Sorry, but it really is. It's when I can start sleeping well again.

Anyway, we both like August for that reason. For us, new things start happening just after August.

I hope you're expecting good things this August.

Take care, thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Jay said...

I am glad that you guys are looking forward to August. For me, it feels like the Sunday before school. I always thought those days difficult because they were either filled with homework or hurrying to get things done that needed to be done before the week sets in. August being like that Sunday, just trying to get things done before accessibility is eliminated because of snow and cold.

June is my month. Summer is quite here but it's coming very soon. I am more productive on Fridays because of the anticipation of the weekend than any other day of the week. For me, June is so filled with anticipation and excitement for the coming summer. I hope next year I will be stuck at home as much during my favorite month of the year.

It was good to go to the forestry farm last week, but I'm pretty sure that I missed the peak flower season. Hopefully next year.

Angie said...

I don't know what is about August. It sort of makes me sad. I think because it is the summer coming to an end and back in the day it was back to school, which never excited me too much.

However, I do get a little excited about September/October, as long as the weather is decent. There is nothing I love more than a long, warm-but-not-too-warm autumn. I don't mind the type of weather that requires a light jacket, or a heavy sweater. I love to see the leaves change colour, and I love the smell of fallen leaves. I just am not a fan of what follows autumn.