Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 224

Tuesday night, and it's really quite here. My wife and I are house sitting out an an acreage just out of the city. This isn't the first time we've stayed out here. We really enjoy it, for the most part. They have lots of animals to take care of, and hang out with. It's not just a boring old regular house. They have a lizard, a tortoise, a rabbit, a dog, a cat, and nine chickens. They had a fish as well, but it died when we house sat last time. It wasn't our fault, I promise. My wife also had to give the tortoise antibiotics via needle every day while. That was interesting. The tortoise (Pokey) is healthy now. All of the animals are, thankfully.

Did you know that chickens put themselves to bed? All we need to do it open the coop in the morning, and close it in the evening....OH, and the instructions the owners left said to ward of coyotes. They have a sense of humour. Well, if I had a rifle, I would love to ward off coyotes. As it stands now, they have a nice variety of chickens to feast on back there. Have at it, coyotes.

I think I'll stop there for now. Thanks so much for reading. Take care! Love you!

No comments: