Monday, August 08, 2011

Day 208

I guess, I suppose, if it has to be, the end of another weekend.

The last few days has been fairly productive though, which has been good. It's the sort of productive mixed with doing fun things in between that makes it good. That make sense?

I had another photo shoot this weekend. It was fun, and challenging. The young boy was very energetic, and not super into getting his photos taken that day. I definitely learned a few lessons about photographing kids. Lesson one: faster shutter speed. Lesson two: always be ready. Lesson three: bring stuff. I'm sure there are more lessons, but those are three big ones. Always a learning experience. Doesn't make me a bad photographer. It doesn't make it not a photographer. It makes me a learning photographer. Yes, I'm inexperienced...but that just makes it more exciting for me. I refuse to believe that I need to be technically perfect, or artistically perfect to be a good photographer. That stuff will get better over time. I love doing it, and I love challenging myself to get better and better.

I think that's it for now. I uploaded some video tonight, but it's too late for me to edit one and upload it onto youtube. It's actually a pretty long process...lots of waiting.

You all take care of yourselves. Thanks so much for stopping by again and reading.

2 comments:

Half n' Half said...

It is a challenge taking his photograph. Hopefully he will get better at that. Thanks again for coming out to take our pictures last Sat. I appreciate it alot.
Erin

Jason said...

I had a good time, Erin! Your boy taught me lessons!