Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 217

Another day finished. It was an okay day overall. There's a potential development in my life, which I'll fill you in on later. I know when I do that it annoys some of you...but I'm doing it anyways. It's like me saying I have stuff on my mind but won't talk about it now. Ha ha. Oh well.

School starts in a few weeks, which I'm looking forward to sort of. I think I'm taking 2 classes at least, and maybe 3.

I'm still not sure taking this last semester of school off was the best decision, but I did it, and there's obviously no looking back. Many of the things that made this last winter and this summer so difficult weren't in my control, so I can't really blame myself. Grandma died, I fell into a depression, we lost our baby, and I've struggled with self esteem and self worth more than I ever have. And even if those things aren't in my control, I'm not blaming the world or god or any external force for the stuff I've gone through. It just happened, and I've either worked through it, or am working through it. I've learned a lot about myself, and about other things. I've learned that my wife seems to have endless love and patience for me. She believes in me after all the struggles I've been through, and the endless days I slept half the day away and cried the other half away. She made the phone call to the doctor for me, and encouraged me through my healing. She is the best wife I could ask for. I don't deserve her, but I have her. She is incredible.

So hopefully this coming season brings good things. I will be praying for a good autumn and semester at school. I'll be praying for my depression to stay away. I'll be praying for strength for others in their depression and anxiety.

Thanks for reading again. Take care. Love you.

1 comment:

Half n' Half said...

Thanks for sharing your posts. Reading your blog reminds me that other people are going through hard times too. It's easy to feel alone in our grief. It seems like our culture doesn't like to talk about those real things that weigh us down. But yet it's so beneficial to know how we can pray for one another. All that is to say, I enjoy reading what's on your mind. I am praying for you and Jenn. Praying that God will bring grant you both the desires of your heart this fall.