Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 226

Well, the birthaversary, or annibirthary, or whatever you want to call it, is basically in the books. Started off dropping my wife off at work, and coming back to the acreage to tend to the animals. After a while, I went back in to the city, where I picked up a flash for my camera. From there I went to work and had a good busy 5 hours there. After work I went for supper with my wife, then went for a hair appt for her, then met for ice cream with my parents-in-law. I can't tell you why the day was so good...it was just good. I feel satisfied after a day like today. Maybe I'll figure out how to explain it another time. For now, it was just a good day.

I was scared to turn 33. Jesus was about 33, and he changed the world. I have done nothing of the sort.

Okay, really though, I've been thinking of what my 33rd year will have in store for me. I got to thinking about changing the world, and how I could do that. Then I got to thinking, I could do that on a person by person basis. So, simply, but not easily, I want to positively change people's lives this year. I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to do that yet, but that's what I want to do. (Note: I didn't say saves people's lives, I said positively change...this doesn't necessarily have to mean in a huge way...just a positive one). I'll keep you posted on this.

To my wife, on our anniversary...you're the best. These last 4 years have been great. Marriage isn't always easy, but with you it's always rewarding. I love you I love you I love you. Thank you for your willingness to understand, and your patience.

Thanks for reading. Take care!

3 comments:

Laura Janke said...

"I was scared to turn 33. Jesus was about 33, and he changed the world. I have done nothing of the sort."

This comment really hit home with me. I feel absolutely overwhelmed and amazed at how Jesus has changed the entire world and every generation. It's easy to feel scared and hopeless that we could possibly do the same. I think you and I have that in common - our fear can immobilize us.

On the other hand, I have also come to the same conclusion. We can do it by encouraging and working on the relationships of those we are close to, but more importantly everyone we come in contact with.

Thanks for your insight and willingness to be open and vulnerable to share!

Jason said...

Thanks a lot, Laura! I appreciate your feedback. I hope everything is going well with you guys in Toronto!

Tina Sauers said...

good post. i enjoy your blog. i usually read a BIG chunk at a time, but i do try to get it read and i like it. and i like you. you are nice. that is all.