Friday, September 30, 2011

Day 260

Woo hoo! Another increment of 10 down! I'm thinking about having a party for my 265th post, because there are only 100 left after that. Who knows. We'll see. Ha ha, my life is so exciting.

Speaking of exciting, I had a thought about myself the other night. I don't think I like to commit to opinions out loud because I'm afraid people won't like me if I have a differing opinion than them. Isn't that sad? Don't get me wrong, I have opinions and values and beliefs, and will share some of them no problem...but I think the title of this blog is super ironic, because I hardly share my opinions on things. At least, not on divided issues, or difficult issues. Anyway, I'm not going to start spewing opinions to alienate people. Anyway, some thoughts. Maybe you see it as being spineless. Who knows. I never was a good debate person. I always think of what to say after, and that never helps.

Let me know what you think of that. Am I being spineless? Am I being inclusive? Have I been opinionated? I can take it, I promise. :) And no, I'm not looking for validation. I'm curious what you think of it.

Anyway, we had our first midwife appointment today, which was good. My wife had some questions answered, and we got some advise that we'll adhere to. We're going back in a couple of weeks to hear the heart beat. We're not getting an ultra sound until about 20 weeks, unless the midwife is unable to hear the heart beat. That's what happened last time. No one could hear the heart beat, so they got us in for an ultra sound, and they found that our little one had died 3 weeks previous. Anyway, my wife is very positive about this one. She feels good about it. Well, physically she feels terrible, and super tired all the time, but she feels good about the health of the baby. I feel bad for her, because she's been having trouble getting the eating thing down right. She'll get hungry, so she'll eat something, but then feel ultra bloated. I hate feeling bloated...I can't imagine it being all the time. I can't imaging that feeling of complete exhaustion all the time, either. A friend of ours said that men will never understand what that exhaustion feels like. I agree completely, of course. Pregnancy is exciting, but it can be/is difficult, from my observation only. Well, I'll just continue to be as supportive as possible.

I've been thinking of starting a twitter account, or something else that I can quote or explain the things my wife says or does that's due to the pregnancy. I'll only do it with her permission, of course. It might embarrass her, which it's not the intention. The intention would be to bring humour to an otherwise emotional or physically difficult situation. It might help lighten things a little. Laughter as medicine, so to speak. We'll see. I'll keep you posted about that. Someone is probably already stealing the idea as they read this. No, I wasn't accusing you. Someone else.

I've rambled on for long enough now. Thanks for reading again. Take care, of course. Love you all.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I had a client at work who had a baby in July with a midwife at the hospital and she said it is the only way to go! It sounded so nice and relaxing (if child birth can be relaxing, ha)....if I ever have a baby, I am going to do my best to go that route. Glad you guys were able to get in with a midwife :)

Anna Paolucci said...

Jason, check out Brad Wilton's quotes of Michelle on his Facebook. They are all under the acronym SUPLWSRN. Slightly Unhinged Pregnant Lady Who Shall Remain Nameless. Mark has contemplated starting a fanpage for Brad being the bravest man on Facebook. That being said, the things we say & do aren't because of the pregnancy! It because they're true!

Jason said...

Ha ha, good point, Anna. I think the filter just comes off, thus making it easier to say things one normally might not say. Sometimes I wish I could get pregnant for that reason.