Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 243


Something came up while we were hanging out with friends tonight, that really made me laugh. It made me want to ask if this something specific has ever happened to you, and I would like your honesty. I figured that we can keep it anonymous if you'd like, by just clicking the "like" box if it has happened to you, or the "don't like" box if something like this has never happened to you. Anyway, I'll get on with it.

Our friend mentioned that while they were grocery shopping the other day, they passed gas in the aisle because the aisle was empty. Just as they finished, someone came around the corner in to the aisle. It also happened to be gas of the smelly variety, so my friend just walked away before the other person got near them. My friend pretended to shop in another aisle for a while, then came back to shop in the original aisle.

Well, let me be the first honest person and say this almost exact thing has happened to be on a few different occasions. If you think less of me now, I think you have denial issues. :)

Again, let me know if this or something like this has ever happened to you at a store or a grocery store. Just click the "like" box if it has happened to you (as in, you were the gas passer), and "dislike" if it has never happened to you (as in, you're in denial that you pass gas).

If you're brave enough, or have no shame about this subject like me, go ahead and share your stories in the subject.

This is just going to be awkward if no one participates. Please humour me!

Thanks for stopping by again. Love you all! Take care.

13 comments:

Lisa Moran said...

Of course I've done this!!! The only time I admit to it is if the person I'm with comes around the corner first, and then I say to them quietly "I may have farted, and it may smell really bad - walk away".

Thoughts From Me said...

my mom used to do that and then say something like oh wow or something like that and we just knew to quickly walk away LOL

Anonymous said...

looking forward to the time you blog about 'sharting' ... :)

Anonymous said...

around our house, we call that an f & r ;)

Jason said...

Ha, this is awesome.

Robin M said...

This is one time it's nice to be shopping with your kids - you can blame it on them! Not that I've ever done that... ahem.

Michelle said...

Been there, definitely done that! Seriously since I've been pregnant, I am the gas machine in our house... It's completely embarassing! I still shockingly say, "Excuse Me!" when I fart unexpectedly... Also, this one time, I was @ Erin & Daniel's and I let one rip without meaning to right in the middle of dinner!!! I was so mortified! All j could think of to say was, "Well, that was unexpected!". Yikes!!! But apparently they're still friends with me! Thanks for prompting that memory Jason!

Jay said...

Costco. I seem to be gassy when we go there. Thankfully seldom foul, muffled by my cushion and the busyness and general noise of Costco.

~becky~ said...

I went to see Harry Potter one evening and when my co-workers asked how I had enjoyed the Harry Potter movie the previous evening I proceeded to tell them of my urge to let out a huge belch in the middle of the show. (I kept imaging it reverberating through the theatre). And then I told them that I kept letting out farts through out the movie. (It was right at the end, and I didn't want to leave). So I kept on having to time my farts to the times when the music was playing loudly and not when it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. I was gassy. Thank goodness it was the non-smelly variety. Oh, and Harry Potter was awesome.

Tina Sauers said...

I will not make tell any sharting stories in this forum, but let's just say that Macy's is more than just an upscale department store for my family. My friend calls the fart and walk "crop dusting".

Half n' Half said...

Oh Michelle. You are hilarious. It's 7:30am in the morning and I can't stop giggling at the memory of that. We love you and yes we are still friends. By chance have you guys met my husband. He is notorious for this type of behavior. Erin

Anonymous said...

It is hard to be discreet when your toddler in the shopping cart says "uh oh mommy"...

Kroegeroos said...

I'm so glad I came on here to read this thread this morning! so funny. my brother caught me doing that one time and told me I was never going to escape from that "brown tail".... apparently when the smell follows you around Aussie's call it a brown tail...