Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 250

Even thought it is not that special, there's something about post 250 that I like the sound of. I think that's all I have to say about that.

I started looking at new glasses frames today. I'm about 2 years overdue. When I had my eyes checked out last month, the doctor told me that one of my eyes change, but didn't necessarily get worse. Something about astigmatism getting worse but eye site getting a bit better? I don't know about that stuff, so I'll just say yeeeeaah, that's the ticket. Anyway, my eyes had been bugging me a bit, and now that I'm back to reading for school, I'm starting to really notice it. All that to say, time for new spectacles. For the last 2 glasses I've owned, they've been a very similar look. Dark, brown plastic frames. I like the look, and I think they look good on me for the most part. I'm wondering, though, if I should get something different. So, what I'm going to do is "borrow" a bunch of glasses from a local place, and take some pictures of myself wearing them all, and get your opinion as to which ones look best on me. Look for that in the next few days. I'm hoping Wednesday afternoon, but could be as late as Friday. Anyway, it should be fun.

I also just want to mention something that's on my mind. I find marriage to be extremely rewarding. It's often very hard work staying on top of communication, and not being selfish a lot of the time, but the benefits far outweigh the work it takes to see those benefits. I have very much been enjoying my wife's company these days. I always have, but I've been appreciating it more lately, and I think it's because I work on the weekends now, so I only see her in the evenings or in the morning before her work. Well, I don't think that's the only reason, but I'm sure it does help me appreciate her that much more. Anyway, I love her.

That's it for today. Thanks again for reading. Love you all. Take care!

3 comments:

Kroegeroos said...

I do think your current spectacle style suits you very well... that being said I am looking forward to seeing some pics of your rental pairs! I think that's a great idea by the way, glasses are such an expensive investment you should have the right to take a while trying out different pairs!
N.

Marsha said...

Can't wait to see what you find!! I will definately vote for my favs. But I agree that your current style does suit.

And as far as astigmatism goes...the easiest way to explain it is that it helps lines appear more straight and crisp. So it helps a lot with tasks that require focusing for long periods of time, or in low lighting.
So it makes sense that your noticing it for school if it's gotten worse.

...not that you asked, but I thought I'd throw that out there :)

Tina Sauers said...

have you looked on Zenioptical.com? i got great deals there. clearly contacts online has good ones too.