Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 256

I'm not sure how else to announce it, so I'll just say that that my is expecting. We're extremely excited, and trying very hard to be completely positive without worrying. There are milestones we'd like to get past for our own sake, but at the same time we are trusting that this pregnancy will be different than the past. We're expecting a healthy pregnancy, and a healthy happy baby. That being said, Jenn has been quite sick and super tired, etc. I know those are all good signs, but it's pretty difficult for her as she works full time at a job that requires lots of brain power. Think of her during the week as she works. :)


Anyway, some of you already know, some of you I haven't had the chance to tell. If you're disappointed that you found out this way, my apologies. I didn't exclude anyone on purpose. One of my biggest pet peeves regarding news like this and announcements online is when people make a comment that they've known for a while, bla bla bla. I think it's sort of rude, and know most of you wouldn't do something like that. If you were thinking of doing that, however...here's your warning. :) There are the obvious people that have known from the start, like some close family. Anyway, I'm just rambling now.


So yeah, if you hadn't guessed already, this was the announcement I wanted to make (as mentioned a few posts ago). I've been dropping very subtle hints, like the number of weeks Jenn is, in various posts...but I didn't actually go and say my wife is ___ weeks along. I just said the weeks in various places. I don't know...just for something to do.


Anyway, we're super happy, but just like last time during my wife's short pregnancy, I can't help but think all the time about those who have had difficulty in trying to have a baby.


That's it, I think, for now. I'll probably share some thoughts about it as we go. Thanks for stopping by again to read. Love you all. Take care.

7 comments:

~Kim~ said...

Congrats you two! We are so excited! If she's sick for too long, don't be afraid of the anti-nausea meds- it made a huge difference in both of my pregnancies. When is your little one due? We miss and love you guys. Take care.

Dustin said...

Congrats Jason,

I have not told many this, but we lost a child along the way as well. When we were expecting again, it was very nerve racking, but stay positive. Things worked out great for us, as I am sure they will for you!

Congrats again

Jay said...

Congratulations! No photo of your face is needed; your words paint a picture of your cautiously optimistic excitement.

I hope all goes well and that Jenn can function well through the tiredness.

Angie said...

Congrats! I hope everything goes really well this time :) I hear that once you hit that 2nd trimester that the energy comes back up and that the nausea takes a hike....I hope that's true for Jenn!

Robin M said...

Wonderful! We will definitely be praying for you both, and for that little one!

Tina Sauers said...

So Exciting!

Jason said...

Thanks, everyone! I should clarify, that even though Jenn has been quite sick, she's still very happy to be pregnant. We're not taking this time for granted. I don't know what she feels like, and I'll never understand how hard it is to be pregnant sick.