Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 132 - Friends and family

 Above: My auntie's parter's youngest daughter. Below: My sister-in-law. No names will be given.

 Above: My auntie's parter's oldest daughter. Below: My super cute niece.

 Above: My auntie's partner. Below: My dad.

 Above: One of my nephews (My sister's youngest son). Below: My beautiful wife.

 Above: My brother. Below: One of my first cousins, who is a little camera shy.

 Above: One of my aunties. Below, my cool sister.

Above: My mom!

For those of you who read this and were there today, forgive me if your photo isn't on here. I didn't have time to get to them all...it's already late, and I'm running out of steam.

Most of this photo shoot was done with me sitting on the same chair, having people sit on a stool in front of me. I kept saying I was too lazy to move around (as a joke). Someone suggested that my business name should be The Lazy Photographer. It has an interesting ring to it, but I wonder if anyone would bother calling if they saw that name in the phone book. Maybe out of curiosity they might call. :) Needless to say, that probably won't be my business name.

I didn't really worry about the back ground of the photos. They aren't super unique in regards to poses. I just felt like taking head shots of people. It was pretty fun. Some turned out better than others, but that would have been my fault, not the subject's.

It has been a good weekend so far. Today my dad took my sister, brother and me out to a small town for my great uncle's memorial. It was a light hearted celebration of my uncle's life. One that very much brought honour to him. It was good. One amazing fact: when he was 8 years old, he watched over the family's heard of cattle to make sure they didn't wander off while grazing, and lead them back home at night. All day he would do that, when he was 8 years old. Think about any 8 year olds you know, and put them in that scenario. Yeesh. It's a much different world in Canada now.

PS, in the picture of my mom, if you're a photographer type, could you tell me why her left eye (our right side) looks much greener, even around the eye as well? I thought maybe her photogray lenses were messing around with my camera, but I'm not sure. I can't think of what else it could be.

I hope your long weekend was great. If you're photo is on in this post, and you decide you don't want your face on here, let me know! Thanks so much for checking me out! Take care!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how come nobody told the promiscuous drunk cousin there was a family thing? WTF

Jay said...

Nice shots. I like the first one and your nephew. Kids are so photogenic.

IMO, the green on your mom's left eye is a very diffused, low light (as in very close to the brightness on her face) refraction on her glasses lens. I'm assuming they have an anti-glare coating and the light source causing the refraction is coming from a non-typical direction, which is when the glare shows up most. Might it have been a reflection off of a white or grey wall, fence, or deck floor? The grass, maybe? It may be the grass behind her or even the deck railing. I certainly could be wrong, though.

Jason said...

That might make sense, Jay. Do you think if I used a reflector, it would have been different?

Cousin, I don't think if you as promiscuous or drunk! :) Sorry you didn't know about it! I hope you're doing well.