Sunday, May 01, 2011

Day 110

Over the past few weeks, since we found out about the death of our baby, I've started to see how deep the connection can be between the baby and mother. I have been sad, and continue to have waves of sadness, or grief, but my wife grieves on a different level, I think.

This morning Jenn shared with me a dream that she had last night (and said it was okay if I shared with you). She was at the doctor, and he/she told Jenn that they had been wrong, that the baby was indeed alive. Jenn was so so happy. It was one of those dreams that you wake up from thinking it's reality. She told me she woke up from the dream, and saw the curtains in our room, and realized that it wasn't true. Our baby is dead. I haven't really used that word. Dead. I've been using "didn't make it". Dead sounds too final for me. Anyway, it was ultimately a sad dream, because when her eyes opened her reality was an empty womb. Damn it.

Here's a band I was introduced to tonight.This particular song, Wooden Heart, spoke to me, and the more I listen, it speaks to me more. I might not be everyone's taste, but I love it. It's really about the lyrics. He delivers powerfully.

Let's wash each other with tears of joy and tears of grief.

2 comments:

JustonC said...

I could imagine this would be a difficult post to write...thanks for sharing. Totally blown away by the song....great lyrics and the frontman is so intense....loved it.

Kimbal said...

We love you guys so much. Thank you for sharing this.