Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 128

I'm not going to talk about yesterday's post at the moment. I know it seems funny to ask a question, expect others to share on it, then not weigh in myself. To tell you the truth, I am still mulling over what was said. I think the variety and depth of the answers that were given exceeded my expectations (although, I'm not so sure I had expectations). Thank you so much to those who shared, and also to those who are reading and thinking about what is being said. I don't know why, but I was somehow surprised that the conversation turned as spiritual as it did. I shouldn't be, though, considering that a huge percentage of my community, past and present, has a strong spiritual/theological background. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't disappointed...just for some reason surprised. I love hearing other people's thoughts, regardless of the background informing them.

Okay, so I want to take the time to plug something that my church is backing this summer, called Run143. It's a "run" (or walk, bike, etc.) that was started last summer with the purpose of spreading awareness and raising money for adoption and adoption issues. Each year, a family is picked to support. Every person involved in the run raises support, and the money goes toward financially supporting the chosen couple in their adoption process. Well, some of the money goes toward supporting a baby home in South Africa as well, I'm pretty sure. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think it's the same baby home that my friends (also my pastor and his lovely wife) adopted their child from this past year. Sorry I'm short on the details.

The run I believe lasts over three days, and stretches from North Battleford and Saskatoon. Roughly 143 kms for the roughly 143 million orphans globally. The link to the website is below. More information will be on that. It's a very worthy cause. If you're interested in running or supporting, check out the website.

www.run143.com

On a different note, I'm waiting on a call for a potential job. It would be great for me, and would probably give me tons of connections in my journey to become a better (and paid) photographer. I think it would also be a great job to have when I return to school in the fall part time in the evenings. So, if you're a praying person, pray that the phone call comes my way.

I think I'll leave it at that for now. If you haven't checked out the conversation going on in the Day 127 comments, do it. If nothing else, it'll get you thinking, whether you agree with it all or not.

Thanks for much for reading. Take care.

1 comment:

Lyn said...

still thinking about your post on fairness, no conclusions yet...