Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 126 - New mom and dad

A dad's strong embrace
Mom enjoying her baby's yawn.
Here are a couple more photos from the baby shoot I did a little while ago. I really enjoyed it, but as I mentioned in a previous post, after I was finished and driving away, I thought of many other ideas I could have tried. Next time.

I'm going to put myself out there again, just in case someone needs an affordable alternative to a professional photographer. I don't want to make it awkward for my readers by doing this. I will eventually start a website when I get enough of a portfolio together, and I figure out what kind of website I need. That way I won't have to push my product on you when all you're wanting to do is read about what's going on, or any thoughts I have, etc. Honestly, it's not what I want to use this blog for. It's basically the only means I have at the moment. Bear with me!

I think I'll leave it at that for now. Thanks for reading. Take care.

5 comments:

Lynette said...

don't apologize for sharing your passion and talents with people who are here reading because they know you and care about you :)

Jay said...

Beautiful photos and very solid use of that new reflector. Nice, soft light, great contrast balance with the two light sources.

My only criticism with the second is that I find the window distracting. If you were just 10-15cms higher the window could have been excluded from the scene. Perhaps adding a vingette to this photo would make it non-distracting. However, I am envious of your skillful exclusion of part of the mother's head.

Whenever I try I seem to make the person look like they have a big forehead or no forehead or something just doesn't look right. Anyway, well done on this shoot.

Jason said...

I agree with the window comment. I wondered about it as well. Thanks for your comment, Jay. Always helpful.

heather said...

Take pictures of Clint and me!! I want some nice couply photos of us and its almost my birthday so maybe Ill ask him to suffer through it as a present!

Jason said...

Heather, I would love to do that for you. Just let me know what days work, and we'll go from there!