Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 8

Today was a bit of a mess again. I think I've been battling some depression, to be quite frank. This is one of those things I don't really like to talk about, but for some reason I feel this is some sort of passive aggressive way to get it out and let people know. I know and have known a lot of people who have had depression. Let me say that my giving advice seems a bit cheap now. It's much easier to tell someone to get off the couch and fight negative thoughts. It's so easy to tell people to get a routine, exercise, and get out with people. All good advice, but a bit cheap, if that's as far as it goes. Go get them off the couch. Go talk to them. Take them out for coffee. Have a laugh with them. Cry with them. The problem is that people are uncomfortable with that stuff. At least pray for them.

Why am I feeling this way? It's probably for many reasons. I think what matters now is my reaction to it.

I won't bore you with more details. Just so you know, I didn't really post this for validation, or for you to feel sorry for me. I guess I just needed to get it out. I think it helps to "talk" about it. Thanks for reading. Take care.

3 comments:

Jay said...

I wasn't just blowing smoke when I said we need to go shootin'... I just need that camera, first. Maybe we should go & I could hold a reflector. Me be the assistant for a change.

Jason said...

:) No way, I'll be your assistant. I could definitely use some learning opportunities from a more knowledgeable photographer. My equipment is very limited (camera body, one lens) for now, so I shoot with what light is available. I was looking at reflectors yesterday online. Anyway, just let me know when works for you Jay. Although, I have to say, I'm a little nervous (intimidated, maybe? :))

Jay said...

Don't be! We'll just hang out, talk shop, ask questions. If you pick something up, great! For reflectors may I suggest Deal Extreme. It's only a very small one but cheap. Or, I use a windshield reflector pretty often. $1.50 at Dollarama.

Certainly you can't do everything with those, but you can get a good feel for using a reflector quickly & cheaply. Well, from DX it takes about 4-6 weeks to get here but if Dollarama has those in stock it's quicker than ordering online.