Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 19 - Laughing gas

Today I went to the dentist to get some "work" done. And by work, I mean I had to get a tooth extracted. Fun stuff. I've never had good teeth. Whether that's because I didn't take very good care of them when I was young, or because of saliva and genetics, it doesn't matter.

I've never been a fan of going to the dentist. I've associated trips to the dentist with pain (which has been pointed out by a friend of mine who is a dentist as unfair) to this point. Lately, I was told laughing gas is an option. So, I opted for it this time. Let me tell you, if you ever get the chance to try that stuff, do it. I have never had to stifle giggles through an extraction before. I didn't want it to stop. At one point the dentist told me he was going to raise my chair. I didn't feel it at all. I could just see the light get bigger. I don't think I've felt that good in a long time. When I got to the front desk, I asked the ladies if it was okay that I wanted to come back just for the nitrous. They said "nope, not at all". I actually can't wait for my next "trip" to the dentist. See what I did there? :) Seriously though, all your troubles will melt away.

When they finished, and I was home, I went through about an hour of extreme pain, then my pain meds kicked in and I napped for a bit. I've been good since. I go back in a few weeks for the next step.

Other than that, my day was pretty good. We spent part of the evening with some friends of ours, discussed what we're going to do for our holiday starting next week, and I watched Secretariat with my in-laws while Jenn went to bed. Looks like our road trip might not be as big or as extensive as I originally though. We might save that for the summer, as the weather is nicer. Sigh. I was really excited to go somewhere. We still might. We'll see.

Well, I think that's all today.

I know this hasn't been a blog of much substance as of yet. Trying to be deep on a daily blog isn't really something I'm into. I've read too many blogs like that, and they can get forced deep real fast...in an embarrassing sort of way. Just be cool, man. Just be cool.

Thanks for reading. Take care!

No comments: