Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 14 - What is this?

I'm still feeling bit bit self conscious about this daily blog commitment. I know there probably isn't much purpose. I know the mundane stuff I write about isn't life changing for anyone, nor is it supposed to be. I don't really know what it is, really. I'm just doing it.

I read others blogs from time to time. For some, it is a place where they can write about primarily about one topic they are passionate about. Sometimes it gets repetitive, but you can't fault them for being passionate about something like that. Really, most of us wish we had a passion about something worth writing about, telling others about, showing others, teaching others about, etc. Besides, although this blog isn't really a blog like that, it's still repetitive in a way.

Others write blogs to share their thoughts. They ponder life, or spirituality, or God, or relationships, or any other sweeping concept that might be on their mind. Some are more successful at others at doing this. I probably fall into the unsuccessful category more often than not.

Some write blogs because they think it's a safe place to check their sensitivity and compassion at the door, and rip on certain traits or decisions others have or make. Name calling, poking fun, and rampant sarcasm are the order of the day. Many of these have great points, but lose much credibility with me, because of the tone in which these points are shared. I'm not going to lie and say I've never been cheeky or a bit cynical in my writing. I've come a ways in curbing this, though, because it ignores the fact that everyone is at a different place, and that people have feelings. Sometimes it can be like running through a store filled with fine china, with your arms spread out waving around, all the while thinking it's innocent and funny.

Yet other blogs like to complain. I've been guilty of this from time to time. It's ok once and a while, but it can be a bit much if it's constant. I know, because I've annoyed myself many times.

Anyway, bare with me as I figure stuff out. I hope you've had a great day. Thanks for reading. Take care.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A blog doesn't have to be life changing as long as it's you.