Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 17 - Puff ball, Runaway train

Just to update from the last post - the pain isn't nearly as bad...in fact, it was pretty manageable. However, early in the evening, and into the night, the left side of my face blew up, and I now look like a chipmunk on the left side. It's a bit uncomfortable, but I can live with it for a couple of days...at least I hope it only lasts a couple of days. The dentist didn't see my face like this, and I'm supposed to go in for work on Friday. I might give them a call tomorrow just to make sure. Anyway, that's all for that.

We went to the cheap theatre tonight and saw "Unstoppable" with Denzel Washington and that guy who played Captain Kirk on the new Star Trek movie. I mean, it wasn't Oscar worthy or anything, but it was good entertainment. I love trains, so it was good for that, and some tense scenes. Overall, pretty decent. I'm not a critic though, and don't mind a movie for mindless entertainment value from time to time.

We're still trying to figure out our holiday. I know it's only about a week away, and we've only narrowed it down to a road trip. Ha ha...we're last minute type of people. This may come back to bite us if we're not careful to plan at least a few key things such as places to stay, general route, etc. We have to figure out how we're going to work our tire situation. We have winter tires on right now, but if we drive far enough south, it'll be too hard on them, so we'll have to take our summers along with us to have them changed over at some point. It seems a bit much, but I'm not sure what else to do, other than change them over before we go. I don't really want to do that, because we'll most likely do some mountain driving. I'll keep you posted. :)

Anyway, I hope you've had a great day (or are having a great day, depending on when you read this). Thanks for reading. Take care.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I was talking to a client a couple of days ago and he was saying that Seattle is really worth seeing. So maybe instead of south you could head more west. Maybe then you wouldn't have to worry about the winter/summer tires. I have also heard good things about the coast of Oregon, but I have no idea what the weather is like at this time of year.

Oh and I hope that the trip to the dentist on Friday isn't too bad. I wouldn't say that I am afraid of dentists, but they are definitely not my friends!