Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 13

Well, I didn't end up going to the farmers market. I slept in. We did go for lunch and dessert with some friends, which was nice. We went to a sushi place. After that, we went to truffles, and had desserts. We were originally going to go to the movie, but we thought that hanging out with our friends was more fun/important.

After all that we did some running around, then came back to watch a movie with my brother-in-law and his wife. We watched The Town. It was ok...long, but ok. I sort of have a soft spot for Ben Affleck. Don't tell anyone.

Tonight we're having one of those, "We're bored, but we can't think of anything to do" sort of nights. Jenn ended up tidying a bit, and now she's writing out recipes. I helped a bit, but I'm not as energetic. I looked at some photos I took earlier, and now this. I realize that I need to work on my composition. At times, I'm ok, and at other times, I'll load my photos, and ask myself if I was drunk when I took them. Oh well...the beauty of digital over film. I'll get better. I keep telling myself that even the pros can't get it right every time. Right?

I took the picture below the other morning, at about 8am, give or take a few minutes. It was so cold, and I wasn't dressed appropriately (was driving back from dropping Jenn off at work). I snapped a few off at a few different directions, tried a few different things, but nothing really worked out that well. This is hand held, which makes it a bit more difficult to get a sharp photo when the shutter speed is a bit longer. I don't have a tripod, to tell you the truth. I'm going to borrow my in-law's tripod. I have some ideas I want to try; some this winter, some in the summer...all open shutter type stuff. Anyway, it's not the greatest by any means, but it sort of gives you an idea of how cold it was.


Other than that, nothing much else is happening right now. I guess I'll leave it at that! Thanks again for reading. Take care.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Sweet! I see the slight motion blur, but what a scene!