Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 69 - Toronto

We landed in Toronto a couple hours ago, and I immediately started feeling better than everyone else. ;)

The flight here was uneventful, and and I had to pee real bad by the end. It was either "keep your seat belts fastened", or the restrooms were busy, so neither of us used it for the duration of the flight...which isn't super long, but us being a pregnant lady and a guy who had too much to drink during the flight, it made for a real satisfying pee at the airport.

Our room is quaint. It seems clean, which is a bonus. Free wireless internet is also a bonus. We're not at a hotel. We're at the college where Jenn's course is. Basically we're staying in the dorm, which was at one time a hotel. It's 2am here and I can hear people in the hall way, but it's not too loud. Brings me back to my Briercrest dorm days. That was a long time ago.

I don't know what I'm going to do for two weeks. Tomorrow I'll probably stick around here, to see how Jenn's first day goes. After that, throughout the week I'll venture out here or there. Weirdly enough, I want to see Toronto's main library. I don't know if it's a fancy old library like some big cities. We'll see. I just realized now that they probably have dozens, if not more in a city this size. Down town is somewhere I want to go see. The CBC building is another place I want to tour. Lots of stuff to see, most likely.

This might be a good experience. I hope it isn't a struggle, being away. I'm remembering the times I used to take the subway into Seoul, and get "lost" by myself for the day, in the markets, downtown, where ever. I don't know what Toronto's transit system is like. I hope it's decent. Seoul's metro subway was insanely easy, and made traveling around that city fun and simple.

Well, I've been rambling. Thanks for stopping by. Thanks for reading. Take care.

No comments: