Monday, March 07, 2011

Day 55 & 56

Yesterday evening was a challenge for me. My sadness came on quite strong, and I didn't want to do much, let alone blog.

Positivity is tricky. It's usually those with a positive disposition that go around gloating that positivity is the key, and that they have remained positive through adversity, etc., bla bla bla. Yes, being a positive person helps, but it's much much easier said than done. That, and a lot of other factors play into people's "choice" to be positive, or happy. I think positivity takes a crap load of discipline, and sometimes even more friends or family to help out. The problem is, and I've mentioned this before, people are uncomfortable with depression or sadness, and they distance themselves from it. Understandably.

It's a battle, and I'm fighting it.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Not that I am by any means an expert on the subject, but I am not sure depression can be cured with a positive attitude. Clinical depression is a mental illness caused by an imbalance in the brain. I am not saying that's what you have, because I don't know, but it might be worth a chat with your doctor.

I struggled with anxiety/depression a few years back and went on medication for a while and it did really help until I could get my life sorted out.

Jason said...

Thanks, Angie. I agree with you. I was speaking more about people who think it's easy to be positive. I also don't think that staying positive can cure a person of depression. I do, however, think it can help with the process...and makes day to day life more bearable. That being said, it takes constant diligence for some.