Friday, March 04, 2011

Day 53

We had some friends over for a visit and a game. It was a good time. It was a fairly last minute phone call that we got from some friends, which we're usually glad to say yes to. Last minute visiting seems to be a dying activity, sadly. I love stop by's, or last minute visits. It doesn't seem to happen anymore. Everything is schedules. It's like play dates. Really? You can't just call up a friend that also has a kid and hang out so your kids can hang out? Maybe that's what play date is, just now called a play date. I think a play date is scheduled. Oh well.

I'm not sure if I'm going to talk baby talk to my baby. I think I'll talk normally to him/her from birth. I think it'll honestly help them speak sooner. Baby talk just seems to encourage speech impediments, or slower language development.

Well, I'll leave it at that. I hope everything is well with you. Thanks for reading. Take are.

1 comment:

Jay said...

I'll admit that I am bad for preferring everything scheduled. I guess routine is pretty significant and important in my life, but probably less important than I make it.

After our standoff yesterday, I have decided to speak less cutesy with Kiwi. Normal speech can only encourage respect. I hated being spoken to in a condescending manner when I was younger and have realized how intelligent, observant and thoughtful kids can be. Because of that I try to give them credit and respect when I speak to them.

Honestly, I think that it sometimes makes me seem less friendly to them, or at least catches them off guard, when they are used to being spoken to in a childlike way. It may not be what they are used to, and there is plenty of time to talk goofy, when playing for example, but I agree and respect your thoughts about baby talk.