Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 62

Fatherhood is something that I'm looking forward to, but don't feel ready for.

Jenn has her first Dr.'s appointment this week. That might be the only one, as she finally got a call back from the midwife program saying she has been excepted. That was good news. No, we're not having a home birth. Jenn wants a midwife to deliver, but in a hospital. I know those who are trying for a home birth for their next baby, and don't judge whatsoever. People can have what they want. We just want the assurance of a hospital surrounding, with the care level and attention and patience of a midwife.

Well, today has been extremely draining, so I'll leave it at that. Thanks for stopping by. Take care.

1 comment:

Angie said...

"Fatherhood is something that I'm looking forward to, but don't feel ready for."

I don't know why, but up until a couple of years ago I assumed that anyone who was married and trying to have a baby, was ready for it. Until I talked to a friend who had just found out she was expecting. They had planned to try to get pregnant, but she said she was absolutely terrified about the whole idea of pregnancy, child birth and raising a child. That was the first time I realized it was 'okay' to not feel like you are ready. Because really, who is ever ready? You can say you are ready, but what bigger life changine event can possibly happen in a person's life? Anyway, just some ramblings.

I know someone who planned to have a home birth, and on the way to the midwife's house, to give birth, she had the baby in their car, haha, in the parking lot of Visions.