Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 196

We tried a frozen yogurt place this evening called Pure. You just go up and fill a cup with whatever type of yogurt you want (they have quite a few different ones), and whatever toppings you want, and they charge you by weight. It was really good, but expensive. Ours weren't as expensive as some, though. We watched from our tables as some people filled their cups heaping, and it cost them close to 10 dollars for a frozen yogurt. I think it's the heavy fruit toppings that get people. Anyway, it was really good, but don't fill your cup heaping, unless you're rich.

Tomorrow my beautiful wife is back to work. End of the holidays for now. She doesn't have any more holidays this summer, but we do plan on making some weekend trips...but nothing too fancy. I really miss the west coast...I was thinking of when our friends and us went to the island for the day, and at one point we found a beach and we just stared at the ocean, collected rocks, and talked. It was only about an hour, but it's a great memory for us now. We will go back, no question.

It was one of those moments, tonight, as my wife and I laid in bed chatting. Our conversation was hopeful. We needed that. I've been feeling pretty down on myself for certain reasons, and my wife for other reasons. We had a hopeful conversation that left us both feeling better about now and the future. It's good to have those talks. We were thankful...we both think the talk was a gift.

That's it for today. If you're reading this, and life seems/is difficult these days for you, I'm sorry. It sucks going through hard times. We were talking about fairness again tonight, and talked about how the things that happen to us or to others sometimes are terrible, but we just have to make the best of what we are given, or what we have. It's easier said than done, though. We can learn from those around us who somehow continue to have a positive outlook despite facing or experiencing terrible situations. We are gifted life, and sometimes life has some hard "bumps". Okay. That's it, right? Life has bumps, period. Just some thoughts. I don't know the first thing about enduring hardship, or being thankful during hard times, because I haven't really experience hard times, really. Now I just feel like I'm rambling and not making sense. Okay, I'm finished.

Take care, and thanks so much for reading.

3 comments:

Jay said...

No, you're making a lot of sense. I know what you mean about not really experiencing hardship. when you get comfortable with the way things are and they certainly take a bit of a downturn a person really needs to look at those around them to see that it's not really as bad as you think it is. That is not to say that your/my problems do not matter but a bit of context could do a lot to make a person understand where they really are compared to those around them. That said I'm not saying a person should roll over and let themselves be taken advantage of or stop fighting for what they want.

Angie said...

Ooo, we'll have to try the frozen yogurt place. That reminds me of the Mongolian Grill that was in Saskatoon for a brief time a few years back. You got a bowl and filled it with whatever you wanted, but paid by weight. I ended up with a $20 stir fry that was okay, but not worth $20!

Thoughts From Me said...

Thanks for making me all teary again. Yes lifes "bumps" suck sometime and life is definitely hard at times but I guess we just have to remember all the good times and hope that in the end they outweigh the hard (bad) times. My Aunt recently told us that what we should take from all of this is the love. It is the love will carry us and keep us. She also said that there will be fights and when there are make them fast because you just never know how much time you have and it is senseless to waste too much time fighting. Essentially you just need to make the most of your time spent with the ones you love. So though my heart feels like it is breaking right now I try to remember all the love between us and I have to believe that it will be strong enough to carry us through this and I know that it will keep us together and in that way she will always remain a part of us. Now I am rambling. Much love sent your way.