Thursday, July 07, 2011

Day 178

I've been around family now for the last week or so. When I am around larger groups of people for an extended length of time, regardless of whether I love them or not (in this instance I do, just so you know), at the end of that time I feel out of sorts, or hermit-like. I want to be in a basement, alone, either working on a project, or sitting there. I thinking keeping busier is the better option, as sitting there is not productive and it leads to me experiencing more depressed/negative thoughts. I struggle enough at times when I have stuff to do. It's still a battle, every day sometimes. Unfortunately I struggled a bit yesterday, during my wife's birthday, which sucked. As always, she was extremely understanding and supportive, and we ended up having a pretty good day overall.

Next week starting Thursday I'm participating in something called run143. It's a run/walk/bike/whatever else with the purpose of raising awareness and money for adoption. The significance behind the name is that there is an approximated 143 million orphans globally. There will be two or three runners doing the whole distance (143 km - the approximate distance between North Battleford and Saskatoon, which is where we'll be running/walking/biking/etc.). I'll be part of a 4 man team that is taking turns doing legs of the run. It'll take place over three days (14th, 15th and 16th of July). I'll only be able to do Thursday and Friday. For those of you who know me, this may seem a bit of a stretch, participating in something that takes athletic ability. Well, you're right. I am not athletic, nor have I trained, nor do I enjoy walking for long distances. There you have it. Despite this, I'm supposed to raise money toward the cause (that is the purpose, after all). The money raise will go do a few different places. The information, I believe, is on the website, www.run143.com. If you're interested in sponsoring me, for the cause of adoption, let me know. You can just email me at jasonchadney@hotmail.com. It can be as little or as much as you would like. You've heard it before that any bit helps. It does. Thanks for considering. I'm probably forgetting a lot of stuff, but I can answer any of your questions if you have any.

I think I'll leave it at that today. Thanks for stopping by, and for reading. Take care!

No comments: