Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 193

This vacation has been the best one I've had, I'm sure. At least the best one with my wife, we both agreed on that.

My friend Rick was teasing me that everywhere I went during this vacation I said I wanted to live there. That's basically true. On our drive to Vancouver, I was in awe of the scenery. I kept teling myself, "I could live here" over and over again. I only wish that could come to fruition. Maybe someday.

At the moment we're in Cranbrook for a family reunion on Jenn's dad's side. It's been pretty good so far. Low key, but pretty good. Tomorrow I think we're going golfing. I'm renting a cart, because I like driving those things. My wife hasn't driven one either, so that'll be fun for her. She will use my grandma's golf clubs, that grandma gave to Jenn before grandma passed away. Grandma said that they always just played for fun, without caring about score. Her and her friends just went out and had a good time. That's what we plan on doing tomorrow. If it gets too serious, what's the point? It's just a game.

We drive through Seattle yesterday morning on the way from Surrey to Cranbrook. We stopped by Pike Place market for an hour or so. The original Charbucks is there. I had to try a latte, to say I've tried it...after all, if there's going to be a Charbucks that makes a better lattle, it'll be the original one, right? Well...no, actually. It all tastes the same. It didn't surprise me, really...but just so you know, it's not good there, either.

I think I'll leave it at that for tonight. I have quite a few photos to upload, and a lot of video that I hope to make into a couple vacation videos when I get home.

Take care, all.

5 comments:

Jay said...

No stop at Chase Jarvis' studio? That's my primary reason for wanting to go to Seattle. But then, I could've met Scott Kelby Thursday & didn't. But I got a new hat. :P

Anonymous said...

I think I remember at golf round in Tisdale, where we each reached 100 by hole 6. I hope that you game has improved.

Jason said...

Ha ha! I think it may have improved, but just a tiny tiny bit. I'm not sure, but was that the round when it was dark and we weren't quite finished yet, and a drunk guy came out and promised us several rounds of free golf that we never received? Maybe that was a different time.

Anonymous said...

That was the time. I do not think that we ever got our free 186 holes, or what ever it was. LOL

Jason said...

Ha, no, I don't think we did. Glad you found my blog. I hope everything is well with you.