Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 181

I sat down and brainstormed some blogging ideas tonight, so over the next little while, hopefully content will vary and be interesting on a more regular basis. We'll see how that goes.

This week will most likely be an interesting one. Some errands to do, and photos to edit early in the week. Thursday and Friday, as I've mentioned before, I'm participating in something called run143. It's a run/walk/bike/whatever to raise money and awareness for adoption and the issues surrounding that. The significance is that there are an estimated 143 million give or take orphans globally. I'm part of a team that's taking turns doing 8-10 km "legs", covering a certain amount each day for 3 days till the approx 143 km between North Battleford and Saskatoon are covered. As my wife and I are leaving Friday night for our holiday, I'm doing the first two days with a team.

I'm not going to pretend I'm excited for the walking 10km at a time in 35-40 degree heat. I'll take all the precautions to stay as safe as possible. I just don't deal well with heat at all. That, and I'm not athletic. It's going to be a grind. The point of it, however, isn't me doing the walk. The point is to raise awareness and money for a few different organizations and one family who is waiting for their adoption process to finish up in the next while. The website is www.run143.com. The information and who/what is being supported is on the site. Consider sponsoring me, or consider just giving a general donation to the donate link on the website. It can be as little or as much as you'd like.

I'm also going to be doing some vlog entries this week, and during my time walking and being part of the team. I'm hoping to post the night after each day is complete. I'll keep you posted on that.

Also, there are 3 people running the whole distance over the three days (this Thursday, Friday and Saturday). If you're a praying person, pray for their safety. I'm not very excited that they are running in that heat. It will be dangerous, plus the cars whizzing by and all the dust and dirt and everything else will make for a very challenging run for those folks. Pray for safety for everyone. Pray for no heat stroke. That will be a very realistic possibility/probability.

Anyway, that's it for the day. Thanks for stopping by. Take care.

No comments: