Monday, July 04, 2011

Day 174

Back in Saskatoon now, and we have my brother and sister-in-law with us for a couple of days.

I have always wondered what it would be like to "get away" from the kids for a couple of days. As a childless couple, my wife and I have the freedom to go anywhere or do anything at any time. It's a freedom I'm willing to give up, but I always wonder how exciting/nice it must be to have a day or two off from the kids. I'm sure we'll find out down the road, but for now we just won't take our freedom for granted. Anyway, I'm looking forward to hanging out with them, and showing them some stuff around the city.

We drove through a pretty big lightning storm on the way back to the city. The rain was borderline too much to drive through, but I got used to it as I went along. At times we were going around 60, but everyone else was pretty respectful on the road, so that's good. Some of the lightning was incredibly bright and large. Fun to watch.

That's it for now. Thanks for reading. Take care.

No comments: