Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 160 - Of fathers and fatherhood

Father's day has come and went.

My dad is great. I've never doubted his commitment to us kids. He has worked close to 40 years with the same company, most of those years in order to financially support the family (with the help of mom). He gave up drinking for his kids and wife. He is funny. He is committed to his wife, my mother. He has opinions and isn't afraid to share them. He values time with his family. He's a good driver. His presence has been a comfort in my life (still is). He has a lot of practical knowledge. The list goes on. I don't know what else to say, other than I love that man, and I'm glad my parents had us when they were young, so we still have loooots of good years left.

I hope I can be a good father like you are.

Take care.

No comments: