Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 271

I'm on a chair in my living room trying to work on a paper. I've started taking notes from resources. I'm terrible at starting papers, and have a slight procrastination problem. I know, I've already mentioned that.

Considering that thanksgiving weekend has wrapped up, I thought I'd share a couple of things I'm thankful for. First, I'm thankful for my wife. I have probably mentioned it before, but it's a tragedy that most people don't get to see how funny she is, or experience how loving and understanding she is. She's pretty quiet around larger groups, and I consider myself extremely lucky to know her so well. My wife has shown me more understanding, patience and love than I deserve, and I can't imagine marrying anyone else. My prayer for her is that she would be able to find a close friend that would invest as much into her and she would into that friend. A non wishy-washy, steady friend. One that phones just to see how she's doing. One to go on women's night outs. One to pray with her/for her. I great friend, I guess is what I am trying to say. I guess lots of people don't really have that, but that's what I want for my wife.


The second thing I am thankful for is the fall. The weather, and the mood, I appreciate both. It's weird, but autumn brings somberness and introspection at times, and I like both. I could probably just drink coffee and stare out a window for hours, and get lost in my thoughts. There are dangers to this, however, and I must be careful. Autumn also brings cheer. When the weather cools, my mood immediately improves. I just don't like the heat, as all of you know. My wife and I went for a walk this morning, and the cooler air with the warm sun mix was close to perfect. That, and watching the trees hang on to their leaves has been nice as well. If you ever want to sit over coffee and co-introspect with me, just give me a shout/fire off an email/text.


I think I should leave it at that. Of course there are many more things I'm thankful for. I don't want to get too cocky. :) Seriously though, I love and appreciate you all. The idea that there are many people who come here day after day, or week after week, warms me. Your acceptance to my openness has been an encouragement to me in a big way. Thanks so much.


Take care.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Do you think she'd want to do coffee with me sometime at work? I've thought many times of asking her, but since we're virtual strangers except for both knowing you, I didn't know if she'd be weirded out or not... :)