Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 320

We have continued to walk through some personality stuff in a small group we have been going to for a while now. This is the sort of stuff that really fascinates me. Tonight we learned and talked about what the book called the validater personality, which is a slow paced people/relationship focused personality type. Knowing that nobody will ever fit neatly into one personality type, this is probably the one I identify with the most. One of the characteristics of this personality is that we adjust/open up to change at a slower pace than other personalities would. At first i got a bit defensive about this idea, but realise now that it is probably mostly true...although my life has been filled with change, they are usually changes that happen where the decision has been made a while before the change. Make any sense?
Another characteristic of the validater personality is that we tend not to be finishers, or task/goal oriented people at all. This is particularly difficult for me. I want to be, but it is so difficult. I am really hoping to find a goal/task driven mentor or two who can help me along in these areas...and hopefully soon.
Sorry for being such a chatty Kathy tonight. I hope youre doing great. Take care of yourself!

No comments: