Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 304

Made it through work today. My wife and I have been fighting some sort of sinus cold thing, so she has had a headache, and I haven't felt good. At one point, I felt quite dizzy, but it was fine, and the day went well. I honestly don't know why I'm telling you about our sicknesses. Not looking for sympathy points. :)

I've been thinking about upgrading my acoustic guitar. This would be a slightly longer term project...not in the next few months or anything. I'll start putting aside some scratch here and there, and slowly save up. I'll also sell my old acoustic, and go from there. I get a little obsessive about things though...so I'll research the crap out of guitars, and I'll flip flop between a few different ones about a million times. Right now I'm comparing Martins and Taylors. Each company makes insanely good guitars, but each has such a unique sound that you'd think it would be easy, but it's not going to be. I'll obviously have to play a bunch and figure it out with my ears and fingers. It's exciting, but it'll be a while.

Harmonica is going well. It will be a slow process, but fun. I was practicing scales tonight. There's something called "bending" notes, which I would like to figure out, but it seems difficult. I can sort of do it, but I need it to be day time, when my wife is either awake or away working, so I won't be annoying/waking her or others. :)

Well, it's getting a bit late, so I should get to bed. Take care, everybody. Love you all.

No comments: