Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 307

I'm writing a paper at the moment. It's basically a response/explanation/critique/ to a video of a counselling session I did with my wife. She was my volunteer to be the client. Here's my shout out to her...she made an excellent client! Thanks sweetie! Hopefully the paper portion won't take me too long, but we'll see. It's already 10:45 and I have quite a bit to do yet. It's not really research based, so that makes it much much easier.

More news on the guitar front (like anyone cares!)...I can't remember if I mentioned this yet, but I've decided to sell off my Tele and amp and buy another acoustic guitar. There's a Martin HD-35 that I have been drooling over, and I think it's the one I'm going to get. Yes, I know it's an insanely good guitar, and probably too much guitar for ol' Jason, but it's a guitar that I will use a lot, unlike my Tele, which I hardly use. I think when I bought that guitar, I was in old guitar playing Jason mode. I thought I'd use it much more than I did. Lesson learned. Anyway, if you're looking for a great electric guitar, or a great little tube amp, or both, I have both for you! :)

A couple more things about Martin...it has been around since 1933. Their acoustics are quite traditional in shape, and very solidly built. The HD-35 is unique in that the bracing on the inside of the front of the guitar is placed slightly different than other Martins, and hand scalloped, so the guitar top can move, or vibrate more freely, giving it an amazingly deep, bassy, rich sound.

Here's a photo of the sweet lady.

The front is beautiful in it's simplicity, but the back is something to behold (You're now thinking, "Why is Jason talking about this guitar this way?") If you have to ask, you probably won't ever understand. It's okay. It's something to write about.

I think that's it for now. I have a paper to write. I'm done procrastinating for the moment. Love you all. Take care!

No comments: