Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 316

We're going to see the midwife again this afternoon (Thursday). Although I'm generally positive about the pregnancy, I can't help but be a little apprehensive (as is my wife). I just want to hear the heart beat again, and listen to it for a long time. I want to be able to hear our little one's heart beat any time we want. I think deep down inside, I keep on expecting, or fearing, each appointment to bring bad news. We've only had one or two appointments so far. I don't know if I'll ever be completely at ease until I feel that warm baby in my hands.

I continue to eat better, and I think slowly lose weight. I mean, I have to lose weight, but the process has slowed down considerably from how fast it was a month or two ago. I am almost down under 240. I am still having trouble getting out and walking. I think I just need to accept that it's going to mean bundling up this winter, and that feels like work when I don't technically have to do it. I have also been thinking of doing winter "running" (more like walk/running", but that's just talk at the moment, and as you all know, talk is extremely cheap. We'll see.

Anyway, if you pray, pray for the health of our baby, and for my wife. She, more than me, worries for the baby. I think it is understandable, but not fun.

Next semester I might only take one class, and work full time, or close to full time. I am actually looking forward to that. I don't mind school, but working is good too. We need to start the baby stuff purchasing. I've told myself that I would never buy an expensive stroller thing, but according to some, they are all expensive. We are going to have to be very creative with space, because we're apartment dwellers. We're thinking of letting our building manager know that we're interested in a bottom floor unit, for ease of transporting baby and his/her stuff around. We'll see. If you are an inventive person with small spaces, and live closer to Saskatoon, let me know. I would be interested in getting some advice/consultation for something in return...like photos or something.

I think I've blabbered on enough for today. Love you all. Take care!

2 comments:

crystal said...

you two should check out Once upon a child, it has gently used baby and kids stuff like strollers etc, just a thought!

Thoughts From Me said...

We have a cradle and maybe a couple other things. I will keep stuff aside for you guys as we try to clean and declutter our basement and you can go through it when you are here :)