Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 39, Day 40, & Day 41

I realize this is sort of cheating, but as I mentioned before, the cabin we were at had no internet connection. I have to make up for the two nights I was there, plus today.

The retreat was an overall good time. Visiting and hanging out with people from my church community is usually a good time. There was a while that I thought there would hardly be any kids at the retreat. It turned out to be quite the kid filled weekend. We were joking around by the end that some of them had started to go feral, lacking the proper adult contact. Running around breaking things, colouring on furniture, climbing on things they shouldn't, etc, added an interesting dynamic to the weekend. Maybe I'm being border-line judgmental. I'll stop. I'm sure I'll get tired of supervising my kid(s) from time to time when ours is born in October.

That's right - my beautiful wife is expecting. That's some good news, isn't it? :) This will probably be the only place I talk about it. I've asked others not to mention anything on facebook. I don't want to talk about that stuff on facebook. I probably won't talk about it much here either. Anyway, we're really excited. It's early on, but Jenn decided that she wanted to start telling people for the support, prayer, etc.

It's nice that we get to have tomorrow off together as well. We're going to make some cookies and have taco salad. We've both been wanting taco salad for a couple of days now, so we're going to make it. So excited about that. It may sound boring to you, but it's one of my favorite meals.

Well, I suppose that's about it for now. Three days and not a whole lot has happened. Basically, I just sat around the cabin and chatted, played a couple of games, napped, and ate. Fun fun.

Thanks for reading, all 3 of you (if that). Take care.

8 comments:

JustonC said...

there are at least 4 of us reading..haha

Jay said...

Congratulations! We're having one, too! Taco salad tonight, that is.

Well done with the expected fatherhood! You're braver than I am. :)

Sorry, I'm not usually that sarcastic. It was just such an easy setup since we're having taco salad tonight, as well.

Angie said...

Congrats to you two! Very exciting news :)

Jason said...

Thanks Juston.

Jay, you actually had me going for a second there. Do you guys do anything different with your taco salad, or just the classic type?

Jay said...

We have a recipe, but really, it's a seat of the pants thing. Usually ground beef browned with taco seasoning. Lettuce, kidney beans, shredded cheese, tortilla chips and Catalina dressing.

Tonight we're using the breasts from a roasted chicken from Saturday. Might simmer it in the taco seasoning or whip up a dressing and include the seasoning in it.

You guys have any specific ingredients or methods?

Jason said...

Not really. Basically how you make it, but we're using nacho cheese doritos. We love Catalina dressing on taco salad. The chicken idea sounds good. I've also never put kidney beans on it. That also sounds great.

JustonC said...

Now I'm craving taco salad again (just had it about a week ago)...it tastes great with diced tomatoes and a lot of guacamole....and I agree the chicken and/or kidney bean idea sounds good.

Jason said...

Yeah we diced some tomato as well, and the guac idea sounds good.