Monday, February 07, 2011

Day 28 - Rocky Mountain House

So we're in Rocky Mountain House for a day or two visiting my brother, sister in law, my niece and nephews, and my parents (who also drive down a couple days earlier than us). It's been a good time so far. Mom and dad didn't know we were following them, so it was a surprise for them. They are supposed to leave tomorrow morning, but the weather is nasty out right now. I guess it depends on what it's going to do in the morning and throughout the day tomorrow. They can always stay another day if need be. We're leaving Tuesday morning. I hope the weather is good then.

Super Bowl was tonight. It wasn't the ending I wanted, but it was a decent game overall. The Steelers had a terrible first quarter, which killed them for the rest of the game. They came within 3 at on point, but couldn't pull off the comeback. I found myself getting a bit annoyed this post season at all the Steelers haters. It's amazing what being accused of sexual assault can do to one's reputation. Ben Roethlisberger, whether he did it or nor, showed extreme toughness, mentally and emotionally this season, playing through what he did. I've come to the conclusion that I don't care what people think. I will be a Steelers fan till the end. If the Steelers didn't make it to the Super Bowl, I wouldn't switch teams. I might end up favouring one team over the other, but I wouldn't go buy a different jersey. Oh well. Each person can make their own choice. It is only a game, after all.

Well, this is turning out to be longer than I wanted. Take care, and thanks for reading.

No comments: