Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Day 329

One of the reasons I am looking forward to not doing a daily blog is because I don't have to worry about missing a day, or being a day late for a post, etc. Another reason is that when doing a daily blog, I am tempted to complain about stuff that goes on in my day. Often that's the easiest stuff to talk about. That being said, I am not going to complain about stuff that went on today, because it involves people, and as I've found out the hard way, even if you don't mention names, or even refrain from giving much detail at all, you can still upset people. You would think that's obvious, but I'm a little thick at times.

For the most part, the day was worth celebrating, because I finished another exam, and I got to go for supper with my in-laws and shop around with my wife before going home and attempting to decorate the Christmas tree. Well, let me tell you, for some strange reason, I can't get through a year without getting pissed off at the world while decorating for Christmas. I don't really know the reason why, and maybe it doesn't matter. All I know is that it happens, and I am ultimately responsible for my reactions and attitude. I just wish people didn't have to be around me or in contact with me or that I didn't contact people. Lesson learned...ish. I am still working on it. Needless to say, we did not finish the tree tonight. We will finish it tomorrow, along with any other decorating that we do.

Speaking of Christmas, I haven't got into the spirit this year as of yet. I really like Christmas usually, but for some reason I am having trouble. Might be because of finals, or because of only being able to eat healthy food, or because this time last year my grandma died, and it's her birthday on Christmas day. None of those things I really have control over, except to make the best of them. Work hard at studying, eat well and enjoy being healthy instead of sluggish and bloated like I was for many years, and celebrate my grandmas memory. She's gone, and there's nothing I can do but remember her. Or it could be just because...I'm just not in the spirit yet. Who knows.

I hope you're in the holiday spirit, whatever you celebrate. Take care.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Jason, I'm having the same issue. Haven't set the tree up yet, decorated the house, etc. I too am eating healthy and not eating the usual christmas baking, chocolates etcs.....but most of all just having a hard time missing mom, just doesn't feel right with out her being here, but we have all her memories, whether they make us laugh or cry, she will always be with us!!! Love you guys hope to see you next weekend whether it's at your mom and dads or even if we can meet up for lunch or coffee on monday when we head back home, just would love to see you and Jenn. take care and love you both

Laurie said...

Jason, I'm having the same issue. Haven't set the tree up yet, decorated the house, etc. I too am eating healthy and not eating the usual christmas baking, chocolates etcs.....but most of all just having a hard time missing mom, just doesn't feel right with out her being here, but we have all her memories, whether they make us laugh or cry, she will always be with us!!! Love you guys hope to see you next weekend whether it's at your mom and dads or even if we can meet up for lunch or coffee on monday when we head back home, just would love to see you and Jenn. take care and love you both

Angie said...

I have vivid memories of my dad setting up our Christmas trees (we always got a real tree) and there was always a lot of cursing and grumbling. Hahaha, good memories ;)

I have found, as an adult that Christmas is really just another day. I find that I enjoy the social aspect of Christmas. I like Christmas gatherings with friends and family. I enjoy going to church and hearing messages about Christmas. I just find that the excitement that I had as a child/teen/young adult is gone.

It's been like this for a few years. I think that if I had a child or children of my own to share it with it would reignite that excitement, but for now, I am coming to terms with the fact that Christmas comes and goes and it's just not as exciting as it used to be. Or maybe I am just a grumpy old grinch, haha!

Thoughts From Me said...

The Christmas spirit seems to be avoiding me also. There have been other things going on and time seems to be passing a bit too quickly and it seems like there just hasn't been enough time in the day to get everything accomplished. I know it will all get done in time so I just take a deep breath and try to relax. I find that since having the kids and quitting my retail job it is a lot easier to get into the spirit and having kids brings back the excitement in a way I never imagined it could. This year will be a tough one since some very special people are no longer with us but I am thankful that we will get to spend time with you guys and the parents :) That is going to be soooo awesome! I am hoping that after tomorrow night (my first Christmas get together)that the spirit of the season will uplift me and motivate me and fill me with happiness. I need some of that right about now. I hope it finds you too really soon. Oh and I too hate trying to get the tree set up. I always find it frustrating and our next tree is going to be a nice prelit one!