Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 100

Day 100. Unless I counted wrong, which is perfectly within the realm of my capabilities. I'll just say day 100, and leave it at that. Yay me.

This morning I found myself missing what Elam might have been. I wasn't sure if this made sense. How can I miss a baby that I haven't met? Well, I don't really know, but I do. I loved that baby already, and now I miss him (or her). I know it was only just under 3 months of expecting, but I got pretty excited about the future in those 3 months. I looked forward to October, when I would be able to touch Elam's impossibly soft skin, and kiss and hug him a million times a day.


On a different topic, I've been thinking more and more about putting my photography services out there, if even just in a small way. I guess this would be a start, ha ha. It's my own safe way of saying, if you'd like some photos done, send me a message. The cost would be pretty low, as I'm just new again to the scene. It would be all natural light stuff, and hopefully a very relaxed session. I'll even travel a bit, for some gas money and a small fee. Look at me, lamely trying to do unofficial business with people. Ha ha. Fun stuff. I'll hash out the details as I go for now. It's how I roll.

If you like strobist stuff, with unique lighting, I know a photographer who loves using artificial lighting for his photography, and I think he's also recently decided to market himself more often these days. I won't say his name now, as I haven't asked his permission, but if he wants, he can post a link, or comment and I will post a link to his website. He's a great guy, and loves what he does. I hope he knows I'm talking about him, ha ha. Should be obvious, as I don't know many photographers personally. Then again, I shouldn't assume that it's obvious.

I almost just deleted my self marketing paragraph. NO! I WILL NOT DO IT! I'm good enough to take pictures of your beautiful faces! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by. Take care.

4 comments:

Jay said...

If it's me you're talking about, I certainly would enjoy the exposure (yes, that was an intentional pun). :)

As for you opening up shop, go for it! Know that you can only get better. Know that your efforts are worth more than you think (it's tough to place the true value on photographic work) and know that there are countless forums to ask questions and learn from. Then, of course there are other 'togs like me who are very glad to talk shop and hang out. Shoot, chat, critique and just learn from each other. In fact, I just wrote a post about that very thing.

So, again I say if you were referring to me, Jason, I invite your readers to check out Jay Scott Photography and consider me, operating as a not-for-profit, for your photography needs. Though I aim to help those who couldn't afford professional quality photography, I do regular sessions to help maintain equipment and support my donations of services or prints to causes in need.

Jason said...

Excellent. I most definitely was talking about you. Thanks for posting that link!

Half n' Half said...

I think that is totally reasonable in missing your little one. God sent Elam here for a purpose. Your love for him/her were a part of that purpose.

I am glad to hear that you are getting back into photography. You take amazing photos. I can say that because I love my wedding picture. We would be up for a photo shoot with you when the grass turns green for our family. That would be awesome.

JustonC said...

We're coming in may so get your camera ready...