Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Week 2 - Hot Day, grumpy man

Today was a fairly busy day. We moved out of the house we were house sitting and into my in-laws house for a little while. My family is coming to the city/area for an anniversary celebration and my brother and sister-in-law are staying at my in-laws with my wife and me.

Today was pretty hot, and I don't really deal well with heat. By late afternoon I was already starting to feel the effects of the heat on my body, and worse yet, my mental state/emotions. I was ok during supper, but could feel my body getting warmer and warmer. We had yet to go for a run, and couldn't skip another day (we missed yesterday, but are going on Saturday to make up for it). We're also doing a 6 week challenge where we run a certain amount of times per week for 6 weeks. Anyway, I was basically feeling pissed off, and I'm still feeling the left overs of that...I ran, and it sucked, and I didn't feel like talking, or taking encouragement from Jenn, or anything at all really. It was one of those moods. I hate it. When I get overheated to that point it sucks. I've dealt with it on and off for years now...I've never been a hot weather kind of person. I guess I should be thankful we have a short summer? The run is done for the day, and tomorrow is a new day, thankfully. My body hates running. My knee hurts a bit and my ankle started shooting pain if I stepped on it wrong...all signs of obesity. This is one of the many reasons I'm doing this. Healthier body, more energy, possibly a longer life, I'll be able to enjoy my kids and wife (when I have kids), less aches and pains, hopefully better handling of the heat, etc. Anyway, my wife is trying to sleep and I'm clacking away. Good night all.

No comments: