Thursday, July 22, 2010

Running #2

I went for my first walk/jog today. When I bought my shoes and shorts and socks (I needed motivation to start, so I bought some shorts and socks for running), the man at Brainsport (Broadway in Saskatoon) was very encouraging. He told me to start slowly by jogging very slowly for 30 seconds, then walking for 2 minutes, and to do that 6 or 7 times. That's what I did. It only took me just over 17 minutes, but that's what the guy said to do. It hurt a bit here and there, but overall, it was a good experience. I really hope this is the turn of a new leaf in my life, and I don't give up down the road. I need a lot of discipline to get up and get out.

This is for my wife, and for the kids I hope to have and watch grow up. This is also because my body is a temple, and I want to treat it like that. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

~becky~ said...

I felt completely lazy as I followed Run 143 and was thinking of having a 5K goal too- how weird is that!

Being completely sick this past week has made me realize how much more I will enjoy life with a healthy body.

Good luck on your running and especially your discipline!

Wannabe Super Mom Bookworm said...

Good job Jason!!! That's awesome! My Dad followed a similar training plan for the 10K Bride City Boogie...eventually he was running for 3-4 mins and then walking the same...Of course he was walking faster than he was running! But he found it a great way to get into running! One day when you guys are up for it, we should all meet down by the river and run the trails! We could meet up afterwards...it'd be fun!