Friday, August 20, 2010

I think this is going to hurt for a while

We're (my wife and me) are on week three of our 6 week challenge of running 5 times per week. We upped the running portion for week 2, but kept it the same for week 3. I'm not really bothered by this, because at least we're running.

I think i can tell my lungs are getting used to some cardio. There are a couple key parts of my body, however, that still get quite angry with me. My lower back, and my left ankle, to be exact. My lower back because I'm a big man, and my left ankle for the same, I think. The doc told me a while back that I had tendinitis in my left ankle, and when it acts up, it sort of sucks. Anyway, I'm not really complaining...I think it'll all get better as I get stronger and lighter...which won't be for a while yet. I'm hoping not, but am pretty sure that this is going to hurt for quite a while. Well, as they say, if there is no pain, there is no gain.

So, that's my update. Next week I hope to up my running time to a minute, but I don't want to hurt my ankle or back to the point I can't run. I was telling Jenn the other day that if it weren't for those two things, I could run for longer. Eventually!

No comments: